The area51 repository is hosted by PC-BSD at http://area51.pcbsd.org. It is home to KDE/FreeBSD ports development, thus it cannot be considered a "stable" repository unless when said by its maintainers (usually during calls for tests). The history of commits is recorded in the KDE/FreeBSD mailing list.
HIC SUNT LEONES
- Make sure you are familiar with Subversion and you know what you are doing! Your Subversion port needs the option NEON turned on.
- Do not skip this! Always ensure you have an up to date version of the official ports tree and your installed ports are all up to date, as the area51 repository is kept in sync with the ports tree.
- First checkout a working copy of the area51 repository into a directory of your choice (from now on replace all mentioned /path/to/area51 with the directory you have chosen, for example /var/area51):
$ svn co http://area51.pcbsd.org/trunk/area51 /path/to/area51
After this initial checkout you do not need to checkout again. You just need to update your existing working copy (see below).
- Now you can copy the directory on top of /usr/ports (or your preferred ports directory):
# /path/to/area51/Tools/scripts/kdemerge -a /usr/ports
Caution: this will overwrite parts of your ports tree, possibly leaving it in an unclean state as soon as you update it again.
You're strongly advised to get an overview of the available commands:
$ /path/to/area51/Tools/scripts/kdemerge -h
The -n flag will let you simulate all the steps without actually doing anything. You're encouraged to use it to check what you're about to do.
- Use your ports tree as usual (install or upgrade KDE SC or single ports).
- Always ensure you have an up to date working copy of the area51 repository (unless you really want to use an old revision or a branch/tag):
$ svn up /path/to/area51
Committing to the repository requires an account (which will only be granted to people who show a regular contribution to the project). In order to commit changes, you must checkout using your account:
$ svn co https://area51.pcbsd.org:444/trunk/area51